Episode 8: Alexis Grant, They Got Acquired: The Bloomberg For Small and Medium Sized Acquisitions
On today’s episode we speak with Alexis Grant, founder and CEO of They Got Acquired, a digital media company focused on small and medium-sized acquisitions.
Alexis is building a massive resource for entrepreneurs and professionals in the M and A space that will help all stakeholders understand the value of their business and learn from other acquisitions.
Prior to founding They Got Acquired, Alexis built and sold a content agency, served as EVP of content for The Penny Hoarder, and sold niche website The Write Life.
Listen now as Alexis walks us through her journey throughout digital media, building and selling two businesses, her long-term vision for helping founders explore acquisitions, and the constant refinement of her process.
🔊 Listen and Subscribe: https://monetizemedia.captivate.fm/listen
• (0:08) Introduction to Alexis Grant.
• (0:55) Alexis Grant's backstory and career start.
• (3:33) How Alexis got into entrepreneurship and the process behind publishing her first ebook.
• (7:53) How her trip to Africa impacted her life and career.
• (9:59) Why and how Alexis started her content agency, how it made money, and the model she developed.
• (13:11) What kinds of backgrounds and skills Alexis looks for in writers, and how the team was managed.
• (16:11) How to build your credibility and trust with readers.
• (20:15) Alexis’s experience being acquired twice, how it has influenced They Got Acquired, and long-term growth plans for the company.
• (25:24) The possibility of selling data to B2B customers and other potential B2B opportunities.
• (30:41) The overall revenue makeup of They Got Acquired and how the website is funded.
• (32:54) How to balance personal, family, and work life.
• (35:17) One tool that Alexis can’t live without.
• (36:01) If she ever had a moment where she thought she may potentially fail.
• (37:55) Where you can find Alexis and They Got Acquired.
• (38:52) Closing remarks and thoughts about the interview.
Guest Social Media Links:
Personal Website: (https://alexisgrant.com/)
Articles by Alexis : (https://www.usnews.com/topics/author/alexis_grant)
They Got Acquired:
Links mentation In this Interview:
The Penny Hoarder : (https://www.thepennyhoarder.com/)
Follow us on Social Media:
Listen on your favorite streaming platform: (https://link.chtbl.com/MonetizeMedia)
Check out our website for more information: (https://www.monetize.media)
This podcast is hosted by Kyle Scott and Jason Ziernicki and produced by PodcastSins.com.
Copyright CBWG Media Group LLC.
Please consider subscribing and sharing this episode if you found it entertaining or informative.
If you want to go the extra mile, you can leave us a rating or review which helps the show with rankings and algorithms on certain platforms.
Make sure you’re subscribed to the podcast so you get the latest episodes.
Any and all opinions expressed are solely the hosts and guest(s) and do not represent or express the views or opinions of monetize media.